Friday, February 17, 2012

Solitary Studio Day

Indiana went to daycare at Daily Wag today.  I have to admit it is nice to be able to concentrate on my work.  Lots of painting to do and so little time!  I've managed to finish off six more pendants and start a 10 x 10 painting to put up in my local framing shop as a promotional piece.  (Some of the pendants will be going there too!)

my messy studio corner (of the living room)
I'm already craving some Indiana cuddles when he gets home.  He's going to be so nice and sleepy after a day playing with other dogs, and absence makes the heart grow fonder after all.  And Onyx doesn't tolerate face smushing as much as Indiana.


12 comments:

  1. Thanks for deopping bye our blog! What an awesome studio!

    Licks,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got so much done!
    Did Indiana enjoy himself at doggy day care?
    Thank you for your sweet comment about my crochet hangers.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to use my dogs as an excuse not to finish my work. I really need more outside imposed deadlines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have day care here but what I do is separate Peanuts from the rest. And a little later, I'll start allowing her to play with them. She gets back in her bed tired and weary which makes my life a whole lot easier.

    By the way, I love the dog portrait. It looks great.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great portrait of the little dog. Sometime we do need a little break from the fur babies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great portrait of the little dog. Thanks sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The piece you're working on is lovely. I can see where the temptation to cuddle might interfere with getting things done. (Happens here at lot!)

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the days the dogs go to daycare. :-)

    You're painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a very nice looking studio. Lots of natural light, wall fixtures for organization. My pups usually leave me alone so I can get work done... but it's always a temptation on *my* part to just go over to them and let myself be distracted by their cuteness.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...