Saturday, February 11, 2012

Elk Antler Dog Chew Product Review

I picked up an antler piece from the pet store for Indiana to gnaw on when he gets bored.  I'd gotten one a few months ago at a Colorado gift shop when my parents were in town, and Indiana went bonkers for it.  He'll chew on it for a long time to get into the delicious marrow.  It doesn't shed into bits, make any kind of mess, or smell bad, so it's a great chew toy to keep him entertained for half an hour or so.  It also lasts a really long time. I do keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't chew a piece off and somehow choke on it, but that has not been an issue so far and is probably just something I worry about.  Indiana also gets more excited if I put the antler away for a while before giving it to him again, since he tends to get bored of things he has too much access to.

Venison Joe's Naturally Shed Elk Antler

11 comments:

  1. I bet Indiana likes it. We've never given Finn antlers but she loves knawing on all sorts of things - hoofs, ears, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can find antlers where I live =( They look like such a satisfying chew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We definitely don't get these where we live and it would take our whole lifetime to get through one, haha!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indiana sure looks to be enjoying that antler! Are they coated or anything? There are tons and tons of antlers lying around out back...I am not sure if the natural ones would be safe? I will have to check with the vet. You do beautiful paintings Helen! We took a peek at your Etsy shop!
    Jeanne with Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an awesome chew, will have to check into it. Our doggies love hoofs but they smell so bad we get them in summer only when they can eat them outside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dogs can't put so much as a dent in those things, but they still love chewing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Helen, just wanted you to know that I tagged you.

    To find out the details, kindly go to this post http://www.mydogslove.me/2012/02/we-got-tagged-now-were-tagging-8.html

    Oh, nice chewyyyy! Ugh Antlers! Don't make me jealous!

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks pawsitively delicious!
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need a really large one for Delilah because she tries to swallow them. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...