It was a great surprise to receive the Kreativ Blogger award from Pup Fan earlier this week (even though the first thing I thought of was the Krusty Krab.) Make sure to check out the other recipients over at I Still Want More Puppies. They are worth wasting a little time over!
I put off writing this post because it required me to think of interesting things about myself, which always reminds me of college essays, or worse, online dating profiles. Which leads me to my first factoid-
1. My husband was my first date through Match.com. Yes, when I lived in New York City for graduate school, I decided to give online dating a chance and meet some people in the Big Apple. Turned out I really only met one, and he was a keeper.
2. The name Onyx, my black cat, is also the name of a Pokemon, which made and still makes me giggle.
3. I don't like cheese. I used to pick it off of pizza, although after living in Italy for a semester, I have been able to get over that. I never eat it on sandwiches and I eat my mac plain. (The Husband gets the cheese packet to himself.)
4. I used to own a hedgehog, which is my family designated spirit animal because of the letter "H". Her name was Briar Rose and she was blind in one eye, so not very friendly. I wore leather gloves to pick her up, which she hated. She loved snuffling around the backyard under supervision.
5. My biggest childhood crush was Batman (from the animated series in the early nineties). My biggest current crush is Batman. The Husband is fully aware of this.
6. I've never been to a band's concert. (I've been to many orchestral concerts.) I'm working on getting the Husband to take me to a Coldplay concert.
7. I wrote my Master's Thesis on the movies of Japanese animated movie director Hayao Miyazaki in case you haven't figured out how much a nerd I am. (My Master's Degree is also pretty much useless to anyone wondering.)
8. I keep getting the "Back" and the "Del" button mixed up on my new pc. (As a previous Mac person)
Now to pass it along to some blogs that deserve it!
Bunny's Blog - She writes great updates about animal activism, in particular related to rescue and shelter animals.
Chronicles of Cardigan - Corgies just happen to be one of my favorite dog breeds. (Hopefully getting one next!!) I can't get enough pictures of Dewi and Jon Farleigh in my life.
Dip-Dip and The Bridge - Chihuahuas in adorable sweaters. Need I say more?
Max the Quilt Cat - Because cat's deserve a shout out on this blog. And I'm still not sure what a quilt cat is.
My Dog's Love Me - love the url and loves the posts.
Yes Biscuit - frequent posts about how to better our animal shelter system. So informative and maddening at the same time!
A List of Surprises - Not a pet blog?? Yup. This girl writes some fascinating historical factoids. Thoroughly researched and thoroughly interesting.
Recipients! To claim your prize, post the picture on your blog, write 7-9 facts about yourself (however many suits your fancy!) and pick some more blogs to share the love with!
|I started painting butterflies!|